The entry deadline for this year’s Dorset Business Awards is fast approaching
Local businesses are being encouraged to submit their entries for this year’s Dorset Business Awards, organised by the Dorset Chamber, before the closing date on Friday August 3.
The Dorset Business Awards are designed to seek out and celebrate organisations which excel themselves within the business community, and also create a platform for the exceptional talent in the county to be recognised.
Businesses of all sizes, which are based in Dorset or have a BH/DT postcode, can enter one or more of the 13 categories for free, regardless of whether they are a member of the Dorset Chamber.
The categories for 2018 are:
- Business Leader of the Year, sponsored by Dorset Local Enterprise Partnership
- Honouring an individual making a significant contribution to the wider business community and the local economy
- Dorset Environmental Business Award, sponsored by Dorset Wildlife Trust and Poole Harbour Commissioners
- Recognising a business with an outstanding commitment to manage their environmental impact
- Exporting Excellence, sponsored by HSBC and PSP Worldwide Logistics
- A celebration of the contributions Dorset exporters have made to both the county and national economy
- Outstanding Customer Service Award, sponsored by Beales Gourmet and Teachers Building Society
- Recognising a business exceeding customer expectation by delivering a world class experience
- TeamJobs Team of the Year
- Rewarding professionalism and hard work of teams in Dorset
- Sunseeker International Developing Talent Award
- Celebrating an employer who is proactive and engaged in attracting, retaining and developing people
- Young Apprentice Ambassador of the Year, sponsored by Superior Seals
- Recognising young individuals who are strong advocates of apprenticeships
- Creative Impact Award, sponsored by Liz Lean PR and Digipigz
- Recognising the talent and contribution of the creative sector in Dorset
- Employee Health and Wellbeing Award, sponsored by BWT Physio and Ouch Training Team
- Honouring an employer leading their commitment to the health and wellbeing of their workforce
- Lester Aldridge Company of the Year
- Rewarding Dorset’s premier company. A market leader with strong growth and a dedication to excellence in products and services
- PKF Francis Clark Family Business Award
- Recognising and celebrating the success of the significant role family businesses play in our local economy
- The ScaleUp for Business Growth Award, sponsored by Enhanced
- Honouring a business demonstrating spectacular growth with a robust plan for sustainability
- UK Health Insurance Investing in Dorset Award, sponsored by UK Health Insurance
- Celebrating Dorset businesses who proactively support other businesses in the county for the benefit of the local economy
Stuart Dixon, head of marketing communications at Dorset Chamber, said: “The Awards serve to represent Dorset businesses on a national stage and to attract investment and talent into our great county. It showcases our innovation, leadership and togetherness while inspiring and honouring the people at the heart of our business community. It is an awards programme with purpose and one that Dorset Chamber extremely proud to organise. We look forward to receiving a diverse range of entries.”
In association with the Daily Echo and Dorset Echo, the Awards are also backed by the south’s leading radio station Wave 105. Entries should be submitted via www.dorsetbusinessawards.co.uk before the deadline of Friday August 3.
Global Group, the Awards’ brand communications partner, has been responsible for the refreshed look and feel for the Dorset Business Awards this year, and has been assisting the Dorset Chamber with the completion of marketing collateral, updating the website and promotional video content.
Darren Mooney, creative director at Global, commented: “When Global were approached to become the brand communications partner of the Awards, we were honoured. The timing was perfect, as we are about to launch our own exciting brand refresh. What better way to showcase our strategic, creative and production talents locally than the DBA platform. We have always been supportive to the Dorset Chamber and have enormous appreciation for the work that goes on behind the scenes of the Dorset Business Awards. We are extremely proud to be a part of the event this year.”
For further information about the Awards or to purchase tickets for the Gala Dinner please visit www.dorsetbusinessawards.co.uk or contact the Dorset Chamber on 01202 714810. Tickets cost £86 + VAT per person or £800 +VAT for a table of 10 (for members) or cost £96 + VAT per person or £900 +VAT for a table of 10 (for non-members).